Saturday, March 6, 2010

we have a level one walker....8 MONTHS of Molly Grace!

Today Molly Grace is 8 months old. In honor of this milestone, I am going to list the 8 of the things I love the most about her!

1. Her laugh. I mean really, the child's laugh is contagious. Her laugh more than makes up for all the tears.

2. Her love for her mommy. I love when she reaches for me. It is such an amazing feeling to be that someone for her that she knows will always love her and keep her safe.

3. Bath time! She loves bath time as much as I love watching her splish and splash.

4. Her excitement for, well everything. When she sees something see wants she bounces and waves her arms and it is quite possibly the cutest thing ever.

5. Bedtime. She does not even try to hide the fact that she is tired when its bed time, she settles in with her head on my chest and her paci in her mouth and she drifts off. She will normally hold my hand or rub my hand until she falls asleep.

6. Rocking chair time. Sometimes if she is having a tough time falling to sleep, I will rock to her and either sing to her or read to her. Like the song says, "you're going to miss this" and I will. Probably my favorite time with her occurs when I am rocking her and singing to her.

7. Her exploring nature. I hope that she never loses her sense of exploring. Watching her explore any environment she is such a joy. The simplest things make her happy and it reminds me to notice the simple moments.

8. Last but not least, I love the fact that I get to be her mommy. Each day brings something new. I love seeing the world through her eyes. I love watching her grow. I adore her and am so very thankful for her. She makes me a better person. She pushes me to be better. I can do things now that I would have never been able to do with her.

ION: On her 8th month "birthday", Molly Grace decided she wanted to test out her toy she got for Valentine's Day...a walker that converts to a ride along after your child can walk. She did so good! I have several videos. She really IS growing up too fast! Enjoy!



LOVE!

Mary Beth and Molly Grace



3 comments:

  1. Hi - I ran across your blog from a link on etsy... could we love this website more?? A genius came up with it!
    I have yet to set up my etsy account but I also make little girl dresses and skirts - thought I would share with you! Http://www.ALohaDresses.weebly.com

    Aloha -
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Isn't it amazing following her through every change she makes? You're such a wonderful Mommy, and she'll make that connection between "Mama" and you in no time - don't worry! I'm so glad that I get to keep up with the two of you on here because we seem to be one in the same and have gone through alot of the same situations (with differences intertwined in there to make them our own, as well). I also like to read your posts about MG's updates because it takes me back to when Em did those things - and time is passing by WAY TOO FAST making me want to cling to the past! Ha :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. mary beth, i didn't know you blogged. i randomly saw this on facebook today while on a short break from work. what a wonderful list you've made. it's amazing to read this and imagine what it's like to be you, living with molly. god bless you both. *hugs*
    -natalia m. "from new york" :)

    ReplyDelete