Monday, January 11, 2010

Why do I do this?

Lately I've been avoiding updating this blog because I just can't seem to be as good of a writer as other blogger moms I read. Usually several times a day I think of something in my head that I think would be an amazing part of a new blog, but everytime I sit down to blog, blah just comes out. I'm not very creative on paper apparently. My thoughts are very creative but when it comes to verbalizing those thoughts, I lose it somewhere. In high school and college (and I would like to think now), the thing I had going for me was that I could write. My mother is an amazing writer and I'd like to think I inhereited that skill from her. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to get it right these days. I also aspire to do tons of creative projects all the time but I never can actually get them done.

As I was reflecting about this, I started thinking about all the reasons why this could be. I'm not trying to make excuses for myself or make anyone feel sorry for me, but I honestly do think it has something to do with the fact that I am a single mom. I work everyday and when I am home, I want to spend (and have to for the sheer fact that no one else is around to take care of MG, wouldn't have it any other way though) every moment with my sweet little daughter. Another reason could be the fact that I find myself completely and utterly exhausted 98% of the time. (maybe I will look into some b-12 vitamins...i need some energy!) These reasons are definitely not excuses, but rather a decsion and a statement that I will stop thinking about the things I want to do and do them. One of the craftiest and creative people I know is a single mom (props to Lindsey Knott and her precious little girl Parker...wanna give me tips to how you manage to be a single mom and still be crafty??)

To sum it up, I may never become a well-known mommy blogger, and I may never have more than 4 readers, but thats not the reason I started this blog, I did it so MG could have something she could look back on. I did this so she can read about the things she won't be able to remember. I did this so they would be documented and not lost. I mean, how cool would it have been for me if my mom had blogged about the first couple years of my life to which I have no recollection to.

So...I may not be as creative and crafty as others, but I too have heart and a drive to make this blog the best it can be. I'm happy about it.

To answer my question from my blog title, I do this for MG. (yep, Luke, I'm cheesy, and I'm allowed, I'm a mom now)

Love!

Mary Beth and Molly Grace

2 comments:

  1. and hey, what do you know, i think this may be one of your best posts yet! Honest and open. I love it! You always do a great job in my opinion, and i dont think you give yourself enough credit for all you do! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! keep it up. love the cheese, love the pics, love the babe!

    ReplyDelete