Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm dreaming of a white.....3 weeks after Christmas

Snow in the south, well at least in GA( because that's the viewpoint I have), is a BIG deal. Personally, I'm not so much a fan of the white stuff. I HATE the cold. I always feel pale and disgusting in the winter (because I am!), and I'm just not a huge fan of the fashion that is available in the winter. Anyways, I digress, snow is a BIG deal in Georgia. Even if it is only going to flurry, masses of people rush to the grocery stores and stock up on the essentials, leaving people (like me, who really need milk and bread) with empty shelves. It is quite ridiculous. But, the one thing I do love about Georgia and snow is that if the roads even look like they might be icy, schools, churches and most importantly MY AGENCY closes for the day. This is what happened last Friday.

Last Friday was technically MG's third snow day. Last year at the end of Feb./beginning of March, Athens got 8-9ish inches of snow. My pregnant self was trapped in my apatment with no power for 48 hours with nothing to eat, but peanut butter sandwiches and expired milk (because I DON'T stock up!). It was AWFUL. Thankfully, Amy was with me or I would have been stuck and alone. That would have been even more terrible. This snow day was waaaaayy better. MG got to experience the less than inch accumulation of snow that we got at my house. I bundled her up (in non matching clothes, I never do that) and took her outside for some pictures with her first experience in a winter(ish) wonderland!
I think she may take after me with her dislike in cold weather because she hated wearing her jacket! Even though I think the jacket is just too cute. So is she might I add. She was pretty funny in the snow, she wouldn't move AT ALL. If you know anything about Molly Grace, she is a mover and always has been even when she was just a wee little babe growing in my tummy. I guess she was really cold? I managed to get a few cutesy faces from the bear and here are some pictures from MG's first snow adventure!





Somehow writing about how I didn't feel feel like writing has made me want to write again! Yay for getting things off my chest! MG goes today for her 6 month check up...tomorrow I should have some stats on the bear and even some of the AMAZING pictures Kim took of her on her 6 month birthday!

I'll leave you with a picture of my little princess sitting in her new favorite and strange way! Funny thing is, how she is sitting is how I sit in my computer chair at work! Like mother, like daughter. I don't chew on everything I see though, so she must get that from her...I'll be nice.

LOVE!

Mary Beth

1 comment: