Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, MY BIRTHDAY!

It's been too long since I blogged. I all backed up with the adventures that MG and I have had.

MG's first thanksgiving was good. We spent the morning with my mom and my mom's family and Amy, and then drove to Rome to spend some QT with Luke and then we drove to Cave Spring to see the lovely Bryant family. Molly Grace got to meet Nash, and he is so cute and he has a head full of beautiful hair! He is so precious. (Nash is Anna and Sarah's nephew)







Then came Black Friday. No, I don't shop on Black Fridat. I hate the mall and shopping when it is uber crowded so I spent Black Friday in Cave Spring in the morning and then drove back home. Kim (cousin, roomie) had planned a birthday dinner for me that night at the Kani House in Buford (near the Mall of GA), so I was excited to spend the night before my birthday with my favs (minus Meg and Dusty, who were still in Jamaica). It was so much fun. I never get to eat Hibachi and it was amazing. Among those in attendance were in no particular order: Amy, Cohan, Mom, Molly Grace, Kim, Jessica (cousin and Kim's sister), Daniel (Dusty's friend from HS, one of the groomsmen in the wedding, who is now my "friend" too), Anna, Sarah, and Ross! Little did I know the plans they had in store for me. While we were at the restuarant everyone kept syaing "sorry i can't come back to your house and hang out", followed by some excuse, which I totally bought. I already felt bad that everyone had had to drive so far to celebrate my bday with me so I just went with whatever they said. On the way back to my house after dinner, we stopped at Walgreen's because Kim needed something and as we were pulling in, Mom, Amy, and Jessica were pulling out of, which I noticed, but didn't think twice about it. It literally took Kim and Daniel 20 minutes inside Walgreen's and I again thought nothing of it. When we got home, Daniel was driving my car so we pulled into the garage and I wondered why because I needed to take him back to his house (he is in the Air Force and works on a base in Idaho and was flying back to Boise early the next morning). Kim told me to get Molly out of the car and then I walked into the house and they all jumped out and surprised me!! I was definitely surprised and very very appreciative to Kim for orchestrating the whole thing and grateful to everyone that came! It made me feel super loved and I had a great time!














(see the rest of these photos at my facebook page!! album name: 24!)

On the 28th (my actual birthday), Anna, Sarah, Amy, Cohan, Ross, Kim, Molly Grace and I all had a yummy breakfast meal with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage! We also took MG to pick out her first Christmas tree and we got some yummy chick-fil-a for lunch! That night we all watched Georgia beat Georgia Tech (GOOOOOOO DAWGS!!)! All in all, it was an amazing birthday!






We decorated the tree, and all I have left to do now is find the perfect stockings for MG and I and make my wreath (when will I ever have time), also need to christmas shop (with all the $$ i have, not!)






BUT, as busy as I am, I do love Christmas, the music, the way our tree smells, family together, etc. I will especially love this Christmas, as it will be MG's first! Keep looking for the bears first visit to see Santa!

LOVE!

Mary Beth and Molly Grace

p.s. be sure to look at all my photos on facebook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment