Monday, May 24, 2010

i'm already getting nervous...

As you can see in the ticker above, Molly Grace is 10 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days old and in those 10 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days, I have never stayed a night away from her.

That's about to change.
This weekend I am in a wedding for my very first roommate in college, Teddi.

me and teddi circa 2004, freshman year at UGA

me and teddi circa 2009, at my cousin David's wedding


While I am excited about her wedding this weekend (on the beach!!) at Tybee Island, I am dreading leaving.

Why?

I'm spending 2 nights away from my girl for the first time.

I know it will be a nice break, but literally typing this and thinking about leaving her Friday morning makes me more nervous than I was watching last week's season finale of Grey's Anatomy. (and you should have seen me last Thursday night!)

Molly Grace will be staying with Kim, my wonderful cousin and roommate, so I know she will be in good hands, but I really am sad that I will be leaving her for 2 whole days and nights.

If anyone has any tips on making it easier to leave your child for the first time, let me know.

I feel like I sound silly be nervous to leave her and have a little mommy break, but for some reason, I feel like a bad mother for not being able to bring her with me. (There will be no one to watch her while I perform wedding duties as a bridesmaid)

If you are the praying kind, please remember us this weekend.


4 comments:

  1. It won't be as bad as you think :) I always struggled with leaving Reese but it gets a little easier each time. You will miss her of course, but you deserve a break. The coming home is the best part and makes it all woth while :) I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will probably feel a little hard in the beginning, but you really do need the break. Of course the whole time you are away thoughts of returning will hopefully NOT consume every waking moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this will be difficult, but it will be okay. Then you'll come home and the baby will be so happy to see you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, girl, I know your pain. It'll be okay, though, and you at least know that she's in good hands! Enjoy yourself because you deserve it :).

    ReplyDelete