Friday, May 7, 2010

A Play Date!

Last Friday, Molly Grace and I had the pleasure of visiting with one of my friends from high school, Jessica Hall and her precious son, Mason. Jessica was so kind to open her home to MG and I. She cooked the most amazing dinner, even though Molly Grace decided that in fact the food on Mommy's plate was for her, not for Mommy!

Jessica and I graduated from good ole Model High School in 2004. We had some good times in those days, including but not limited to, two proms, a trip to Gulf Shores, and a trip to "The Farm" that her husband Adam loves to bring up every time I see him. We'll leave "the farm" at that, since that memory is not my best moment!

Mason was born in September, just two months after Miss MG. He is such a happy and healthy boy! He is seriously one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! Along with his good looks, he has a sweet little personality! He let me hold him for so long. I am not used to this because MG will only let a select number of people hold her. It breaks my heart because a majority of the people I love live far away and when they get to see her, she will not let them hold her!
Mason had just woken up from a nap when we arrived and so he wasn't quite as excited to play as MG was. She made her self at home quickly amongst all of Mason's toys. As soon as Mason had his bottle, he was ready to go. Y'all he is cute!
Thank you Jessica for the most amazing dinner, great company, and for still being my friend over all these years!!

It is so nice to have mother's my age to talk about babies with. I am pretty much the only person in my friend group that has a baby and while I have some of the greatest friends, if you aren't a parent or don't spend a lot of time around babies, it is hard to really understand what it is like to be a new parent!! Talking to Jessica about our babes made me realize that I am not crazy and that someone does think about the same things I do and is going through the same things as me!!

Y'all can read more about Jessica and handsome little Mason here!
Here are some pictures I captured of the two little rascals. How cute are they??

"hey mom, i want that camera!"


"I mean, seriously y'all, how cute is he?"

Look at all his hair!! I am in ♥ with him.




"for real, mom, i want the camera!"

Molly Grace would like to have more play dates!! Who wants to be next? :)

1 comment: