Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Babyland...the story of the 1st birthday

To say I am late to write this post is an understatement....The little bear girl turned ONE a month and a few days ago.

I log into blogger everyday hoping to have both the creativity and the energy to post, but somehow the days pass and another post is not written. When I don't update, I feel like I have a constant cloud that lingers until I finally do. So buh-bye cloud, I'm back.

Like I said a few posts ago (aka 1 month ago), Molly Grace and I have been busy, busy, busy and just recently sick, sick, sick. Molly Grace has been under the weather with her 1st official sickness, an ear infection, acute bronchitis and the croup. Sounds fun, huh? We are on the tail end of the sickness and the "busy-ness", so I am making it a point to catch y'all up on what's been going on.

First things first, for Molly Grace's 1st birthday I wanted to do something special, even though she will not remember it. There are few events from my childhood that I remember vividly, one of those being a trip to Babyland General Hospital in Cleveland, GA with my sisters, cousins, aunts, and grandmother. I hold the memory of that trip close to my heart, so when I was deciding what to do for MG's 1st birthday, I knew exactly where we had to go. Babyland General is the home to Cabbage Patch Kids. It is where they are born, loved on, and adopted. Given Molly Grace's recent obsession with dolls, I knew this was the perfect place to take her and give her the opportunity to adopt her very own baby.

So that's what she did. We had such a great time. It was so great watching her take in the babies and she loved pulling all the newborn CP babies out of their cabbages. She even picked out her own baby. We witnessed two Cabbage Patch babies being born. Every little girl should get to experience Babyland General. I hope to make it a yearly birthday tradition to go!

I could detail our trip in words, but I think the pictures will A) tell the story by themselves and B) will be more entertaining than anything I could write!

*I originally planned to post the pictures directly to the blog post, but opted for the ever entertaining movie! The song on the slideshow is one of my childhood favorites, I used to jam out to this song as an 8 year old and found it the most appropriate for this slideshow out of all the other songs listed in my itunes at the moment, if you hate it, there is always the option to mute the music and just enjoy MG's pretty face!*

(click on the video to view it!)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: